Have Kitchen, Will Feed has changed! Some of you have noticed the new layout.
Here’s what has not changed:
- For posts where I’m using someone else’s recipe, there will continue to be two paragraphs directly above the recipe (now labeled “My Thoughts” and “Notes””.) My Thoughts (the first paragraph) tells you what I think of the recipe as I made it. Notes (the second paragraph) tells you exactly what changes I made to the original recipe, as I’m blogging someone else’s recipe. The original recipe will always be referenced directly under the recipe title.
- Recipes will continue to be written exactly as I made them, in a concise manner, suitable for archiving or printing. Any comments or personal thoughts I have on a recipe will either be footnotes, or be referenced in Notes.
- Posts where I’m using my own recipe will also continue to have My Thoughts and Notes, but the recipe itself may contain suggestions as to how to change it up if you so desire.
- Post content will continue to be diverse. While I love the distinct styles of some food bloggers and the excellent food journalism of others, I use this blog to share what I’m thinking about, so you’ll continue to get random stories, occasional opinions and nonsensical ramblings.
- Photos will continue to be mediocre to terrible, unless taken by R~ (see her pages here and here to understand why these posts have pretty pictures.)
- I will still post a random assortment of food that makes no sense except to the hungry and/or stressed medical student who dictates the menu at Have Kitchen, Will Feed.
- The main page now features blog posts with a jump-break inserted to keep the home page from getting exceedingly long. Feeds will still receive complete posts.
- I’ll be posting approximately twice a week. With the demands of medical school, this is much more doable that posting 3-4 times a week as I was trying. And if twice a week doesn’t happen, I’m going to try not to feel guilty about it.
- Ingredients will now be listed with any necessary descriptors upfront, and any prep work after a comma. For example: 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped fine
- I finally joined Flickr. Photos from the blog will be linked from the photostream there. I’ll slowly switch over the photos from old posts and update the photos already there as I have time (read: maybe never.)
Other changes to the layout:
About – updated
FAQs – also updated
Recipe Index – updated and coded for gluten free recipes
Kitchen Wishlist – updated
Bucket Lists – not updated. I have not kicked anything off a bucket lately, unfortunately.
Samoa – updated with all posts and informational pages about Samoa and my work there.
50 Women Game-Changers of Food – updated weekly.
Right Hand Column
Explore More – an assortment of random posts from the blog.
Stay Current – subscribe to the blog through your favorite reader.
Get Email – subscribe by email.
Find It – google search of the blog.
Old Stuff – drop down archive of all past posts.
New Stuff – the most recent six posts on the blog.
I’d love to hear any feedback you have!