I have no mouse and no way to copy and paste on this computer, so you’ll have to visit Mary at One Perfect Bite to see who else is participating this week.
Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
Adapted from Irma Rombauer’s Joy of Cooking
Makes 18 whoopie pies. Allow 3 hours.
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1-1/2 cups peeled and finely grated carrot
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 freshly grated or ground teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup golden raisins
1) Preheat oven to 350. Grease a regular muffin tin.*
2) Whisk together all dry ingredients, then mix in oil and eggs. Stir in the carrots and raisins.
3) Add one heaping tablespoon of batter to each muffin tin and smooth out.
4) Bake for 13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan for ten minutes and then on a rack until fully cool.
5) Using a bread knife, cut each round in half. Spread with frosting and top with opposite half.
*Do not use cupcake liners.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes enough frosting for 18 whoopie pies. Allow 15 minutes.
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1) Have all ingredients at room temperature. Beat together at low speed until well combined, then at high speed til fluffy.