For an introduction to Samoa Medical Missions, please see here.
I have three requests for you.
1) Prayerfully consider joining our team. For more information on our itinerary, costs and applications, see here or email me at havekitchenwillfeed at gmail
2) Consider donating to help us offset our costs. You can donate to individual team members, as we all pay our own way, or you can donate directly to Mission of Hope. We try to cover all costs of the trip so that there is less financial burden placed on the local Samoan churches.We also try to leave supplies to help families dealing with chronic issues, like the child with cerebral palsy in the previous post or this child with a super-infected rash. To donate, please see here and scroll to the bottom of the page. All donations are tax deductible.
|Samoan rash – super infected wounds.|
3) Consider donating some supplies. Our current needs list is below (but we can use almost anything.) If you are able to donate any of these supplies, I guarantee they will be put to good use. Please email me at nqoire at hotmail for information on how to donate supplies.
|When we see 500 patients a day, we go through a lot of supplies.|
- Ace bandages of all sizes
- Coban of all sizes
- Webroll in 4″ and 6″
- Trauma shears
- 4×4 guaze
- Elbow, knee, wrist and ankle braces
- Emesis and square basins
- Any and all over the counter or prescription medications
- Respiratory masks (So that if I have to care for a TB patient again this year, I have more protection than a paper towel.)
- Glucose monitors and strips – we go through thousands and thousands of strips.
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Almost anything you can think of or find lying around, except, perhaps, an MRI machine, unless you know how to transport it to the middle of the South Pacific, too. Actually, if you found an MRI for us, we’d figure out how to get it there, even if we had to put it in a canoe. There is no MRI in the entire country – if you need one, you fly 4 hours to New Zealand. We would also request special jewels in your crown from God if you found an ultrasound machine.